Monday, March 17, 2008

Choral Mischief

I think half the bass section came loaded to rehearsal tonight. Either that or all of us were pretty slap happy from a tiring Monday. I know I was goofing around a bit but somehow the basses made a song about the search for faith into something about prostitutes. The name Elliot Spitzer somehow got mentioned. I swear, get a bunch of guys together no matter how old they are, they wind up acting like 12 year olds. A complete grown man thought he was oh so witty by making a joke about missing some "Doo's" while we were singing a scat portion of a song.

I am shrieking with laughter internally while we practice "Puttin on the Ritz". It never fails, some bass always come in early on the chorus so I flash on the Frankenstein monster from "Young Frankenstein" Chorus is pretty darn enjoyable this time around (I'm sure it has nothing to do with the lack of Soprano Diva). We aren't singing as many lame songs and there seems to be a nicer vibe going. Also, have I mentioned that next year we're singing Carmina Burana? Score!

No comments: