Thursday, March 06, 2008

The New Job


So far, it is going well! The commute that I thought would be such a haul isn't too bad in the mornings but it is a pain in the ass at night. But I'm going to try out a new route after work today to hopefully improve that end.

The work itself isn't hard at all and I'm happy to be back working in Oracle. I missed you baby! The people are pretty nice and the office building is fabulous. Unfortunately, the timeline for me going perm isn't too good. The company is going through difficult times and has a hiring freeze.

Well, at least I have money coming in while I search for a permanent benefitted job! My God, do those really exist? I'm going to try to avoid manufacturing and retail for my job search. Those industries are tanking in the crummy economy. I should know, my old manufacturing company is laying off about 60% of the employees!

No comments: