Monday, March 03, 2008

Urge to Throttle Blue Cross Blue Shield Rising

My health insurance plan is forcing everyone to migrate to Express Scripts for prescription renewals. Of course they mailed the enrollment info for the last week I had left on my anti-depressants. I enrolled then lo and behold, it will take 10 - 14 days to process my first prescription and retail pharmacy renewals aren't an alternative!


So, here I am with my last week of meds, starting a new job, and completely stressing out. The way Blue Cross Blue Shield works is that your first phone call to resolve a situation evaporates into the atmosphere so you have to call back to repeat everything over again to actually get some resolution.

The MBA and analyst in me thinks its completely ridiculous shutting down the traditional prescription filling option while people are migrated to a new system. This forced migration is only for maintenance medications so by that very nature, its medicine that people need to live. Why make the process harder?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

um you may recall my boyfriend works for Blue Cross? email me, maybe we can help!