Sunday, April 27, 2008

Everyone Has to Go See The Drowsy Chaperone



This is hands down one of the best musicals I've seen in my entire life. My enjoyment is totally disconnected from the fact that we had kick ass seats. I laughed, got touched, groaned, and laughed. The storyline and set-up is very ingenious - it kept me totally immersed. From the opening blackout monologue, I knew it was going to be a good show. If you are a musical aficionado, they make swipes at almost every modern musical out there and it is AWESOME

The cast is top notch and I have to particularly mention the Man in the Chair. When I saw his name in the program, I got ridiculously excited - it was like 11 year old Anna took over. Why? Because I was 5 rows away from GILBERT BLYTHE!



Also, I should warn you that Anne of Green Gables was made 23 years ago. The show is in town until May 4, it's playing at the Opera House, and isn't very long so I highly recommend getting tickets.

1 comment:

Lane said...

Gil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I don't want roses or rainbows, Gil. I just want you."
Ugh...awesome.