Friday, May 09, 2008

Post Office Snapshots

This morning there were 3 people in line at the local post office. A nice middle aged lady, a rough looking middle aged man, and then me. One of the postal workers who was serving a customer said that stamp prices are going up Monday to 42 cents. All of us in line were fairly surprised. I joked that we should go back to the Pony Express. The guy in front of me said, "This is all thanks to the Liberals." I was giving him a WTF look as the wonderful middle aged lady said what I was thinking, "How can that be our fault if we haven't been in power?" The guy, stumped, blamed Liberals for unions which makes no sense in the current context. I could have lashed back blaming Conservatives for Abu Ghraib which would make no sense as well. But I decided to back up awesome middle aged lady by saying, "November 2008, just you wait..." Stamp prices are going up because of rising gas prices, not unions.

As kick ass lady finished her postal business and left she said to me as an aside, "Teaches me to open my mouth..." and I replied, "What did he expect? We're in MA." Which probably feeds into his victim mentality. Luckily, he didn't go postal. Wah waahhh...

No comments: