Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Morning Person Engine

I have never been a morning person. In high school, I usually stayed up until dawn and somehow made it through the day as a functioning person. Also in high school, as my version of rebellion, I never drank coffee because my parents were huge coffee fiends. Oooh... I showed them!

Nowadays, I tell people that if it wasn't for caffeine, I wouldn't have my MBA. Yup, coffee drinking kicked in around age 24/25. Strangely enough, that is also when sleep became more than a nightly routine. Thanks to the brain damage I suffered from my stroke, if I didn't get a full night's sleep, I had trouble talking, remembering and motor skill problems. Of course over time I got a lot better but there is a lingering question in my mind.

Since I live alone I can set my own pace for gearing up and getting ready in the morning. I usually only talk to Rasputin. It's kind of more severe than not being a morning person. For example, I can't get dressed while talking to someone. It's like my brain is not warmed up to be verbal and motor at once so early. I wonder if that is a result of living alone and building my morning routine around silence? I also worry if its lingering brain damage issues.

No comments: