Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Great Idea Graveyard

I am bored very easily and have no problem dropping a project/idea in the middle of working on it. I have been this way all my life - just ask my brother. The poor guy had to put up with years of me playing with him and then suddenly announcing, "I'm bored." and leaving. He has much more stick-to-it-iveness than me. I wonder if it's a first born thing or a Sagittarius thing? I am always awesome coming up with ideas for other people (whether they follow through doesn't concern me).

My great idea corpses are:

1. Catching up on literary classics that I had missed out on. I started this when I was unemployed and got a list from my mom and cousin (English prof and English major). My mom had all the books. I got through The Sound and the Fury and The Crying of Lot 49. I lost steam with A Hundred Years of Solitude.

2. I have a basket of half-crocheted items in my living room

3. I have foreign language CDs sitting un-listened in my CD rack

4. I have given up on my idea of going to the Inauguration after hearing about what a madhouse it will be and that I might not even get close to the parade route.

5. Another reading goal: all of Jane Austen's books. I finished Persuasion and gave up when I got 30 pages into Mansfield Park.

6. I have a huge full keyboard sitting in my dining room that I use as a table basically.

7. For some odd reason this summer, I wanted to work on foreign accents. Apparently, I thought I was Meryl Streep or a super-spy wannabe. I found a bunch of audio sites and that was it.


I am pretty good with follow-through for the big stuff like school, relationships, and working out. But that is fairly easy because you are constantly evaluated or checked in on. Left on my own, I have the attention-span of a gnat.

No comments: