Sunday, April 19, 2009

51 Days

Life has been pretty crummy nowadays. I showed up an hour early for a job interview because I wrote down the wrong time. But, on the up side, they just went ahead and interviewed me rather than having me wait. I like that kind of flexibility! That was my 4th interview in 51 days of unemployment. 2 of those were just staffing agencies.

I still haven't heard anything about my COBRA subsidy and trying to talk to a human at the medical security office is as impossible as raising Atlantis (I decided to go with fantastical rather than, "as impossible as me finding a job"). Unfortunately, in the interim, I have to pay my full COBRA costs which are astronomically high.

Living with my parents has started to wear on me as well. I stupidly decided to be open and honest about my financial situation. So, my father is now starting to decide how I should spend my money. My mom has become a moody rage-a-holic. Luckily, my room is a nice little oasis where I can weather out her swearing, muttering to herself, and banging stuff around. Rasputin hides in the basement and my dad hides in the study with a martini in hand. Again, it's better than living on the streets or in a shelter but that mantra wears thin after the hundredth slammed door of the week. But on the up side, at least we can apologize and make up like adults.

No comments: