Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Glass Eye Yogurt Weekend

Oh, it's Columbus Day, not Columbo Day such as the detective or yogurt brand... What? It's just as arbitrary as Columbus Day and a bit less offensive to indigenous peoples.

My weekend started out insanely well with inhaling a delicious autumnal lasagna. It went well with Rose and white wine and I'm sure I was making disgusting yummy noises while I ate. My little furry baby, Rasputin, also stole the show when he emerged from hiding under my bed. We decided that he's a flamboyantly gay power bottom cat.

Saturday, my mother and I painted the main room of my apartment. Behr paint kicks ass and you don't need to spend a ton of money on their premium ultra. Now, I get to see a happy, sunny yellow when I look through my bedroom door. Also, if you have Comcast, a way to make your Baby Boomer parent happy is to turn on channel 524. I finally finished unpacking my kitchen!

Sunday was nice and laid back hanging out with a wonderful friend, yelling at the TV during the Sox game plus many really bad puns and "That's what she said" jokes. Bud Light lime is really yummy with chips and Helluva dip...

Monday is technically not a holiday for my work, but I used some vacation time to sleep in, go shopping, and check work email from home.

All in all, it was a good time! Peter Falk would have been proud.

No comments: