1. Do you eat when you’re not hungry? Yes
2. Do you go on eating binges for no apparent reason? Yes. A couple weeks ago, I bought bags of candy and went through 1 - 2 per night.
3. Do you have feelings of guilt and remorse after overeating? Yes. I have a box of shame where I hide my bad food.
4. Do you give too much time and thought to food? Define too much.
5. Do you look forward with pleasure and anticipation to the time when you can eat alone? No.
6. Do you plan these secret binges ahead of time? Yes. I have one binge planned for tomorrow and another for Sunday.
7. Do you eat sensibly before others and make up for it alone? Yes.
8. Is your weight affecting the way you live your life? Yes.
9. Have you tried to diet for a week (or longer), only to fall short of your goal? Yes for 3 years and still fell short.
10. Do you resent others telling you to “use a little willpower” to stop overeating? Yes. The Biggest Loser throws me into rages.
11. Despite evidence to the contrary, have you continued to assert that you can diet “on your own” whenever you wish? Yes.
12. Do you crave to eat at a definite time, day or night, other than mealtime? No
13. Do you eat to escape from worries or trouble? Yes. Ice cream + unemployment
14. Have you ever been treated for obesity or a food-related condition? Yes.
15. Does your eating behavior make you or others unhappy? Yes.