Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Time to Cut to the Hair of the Matter


I am taking prenatal vitamins not to get pregnant but to hopefully combat my rapidly thinning hair. It really started to get bad over the summer when I noticed, gee I can see a lot more of my scalp than usual. I thought it was just the contrast of growing out my dark roots against my pale skin. A couple weeks ago, I went to a hair salon for the first time in about a year. The stylist told me that I am getting really thin around my crown and recommended prenatal vitamins or rogaine. After checking with my doctor, I went on prenatal vitamins. She said that nothing should really happen and giving the vitamins a try won't hurt. Eventually, I should get a blood work-up and/or see a dermatologist. On top of the vitamins, I have been trying this stuff. It is offered as a free trial, but in the fine print they will charge you about $90 for the next shipment so make sure you cancel your "membership" ASAP! I like the smell and how it makes my hair feel but no miracles yet. Of course there are a bunch of styling tricks to make my hair look fuller - like parting it on the side. The funny thing is once I was made aware of this problem, I noticed a bunch of women on the T with thinning hair. So I don't feel so alone!

No comments: