Saturday, September 12, 2015

Overwhelmed By Its Own Greatness



2015 in numerology is a 5 year for me. This is what it means and what is scary accurate:

"Nothing is ever the same from one minute to the next, but change is even more apparent to you in this your #5 personal year. The path you walk this year will not be ordinary. You will make some unexpected turns and you will realize that it is never too late to start over in a more meaningful direction. A conversion from old to new is accentuated under the sign of the “five”. For some, the transformation is more drastic than others. Some of you will change your residence to another area, perhaps even another city. It is more likely that most of you will spruce up the dwelling you are occupying now. A few changes can such a big difference in your living conditions you will wonder why you didn’t do something sooner. One change leads to another so don’t be surprised if you do more than you started out to do. Take advantage of the opportunities to change many other aspects of your life, including business... Sometimes around mid year, you will have an illuminating experience. You will know in your soul that you are heading for something good. You will not be idle... A new phase of your life has started and it can be very good."
Tuesday September 8 was my year anniversary at work. I came in that morning and found a card from Super Boss waiting on my desk. I didn't even mention the anniversary but he remembered - aw! Plus, he took me out for coffee to celebrate. I can't believe how much has changed in one year at work and with me. The job is still a perfect fit and my confidence is getting a lot better as I learn. Guys, I haven't had a weepy breakdown at work for a month! So that's either improved coping skills or the shit I've had to deal with is the same old same old. This week was also when interviews for replacement analysts happened and it sounds like there are a couple solid candidates!
Wednesday night I saw a potential apartment that could be a good fit for me. My only concern is that I don't know the area that well. Guess where I am driving around tomorrow? Thursday I was taken out to lunch by co-workers to celebrate my anniversary. I also was able to let Super Boss vent and hopefully feel better. It was so funny, I was in his office talking over some problem when he said some snarky aside like, "Well, I'm glad someone is feeling better." So of course I put my hand on my hip, cocked my head and asked, "Okay, what does that mean?" He was overwhelmed and had worked until 11:00pm Wednesday night on something where he was given absolutely wrong instructions so all Thursday he was trying to change the deliverable following the new instructions - which made no sense to either of us. So I checked off a Super Boss being human moment this past week too.
Friday went insanely well and felt like a huge turning point for me on the 5 month long billing project. I ran my first meeting which involved three different departments. The last time we had the three departments meet was in March and people were yelling at each other and some walked out. All Friday morning I was ill with nerves (I think this job has either given me an ulcer or IBS I swear...) The department director sat right next to me throughout the meeting and unfortunately it started so awfully. An entire department was missing basically because they have no idea how to accept outlook meeting invitations. When they did arrive they acted like sulky teenagers being dragged to church. But as the meeting got underway, things went well and a lot of consensus was reached. Issues were brought up we had not considered either. Department Director had my back on a lot of tricky points and it felt awesome. The meeting ended with a department manager telling me "Good job" and me asking for advice on a case that had a hilarious resolution if you have a morbid sense of humor like me - the guy is dead. Later that afternoon, Baby Analyst, who does not read this blog, referred to herself as "Baby Analyst". Very weird synchronicity! I was also contacted for a potential roommate situation in the city Friday night. 
To recap, a very good and significant work week, 2 potential living situations, and feeling overwhelmed with a pinch of gratitude.

No comments: